Morebus has pledged to ensure children can still get to school after a rival company announced it was dropping two routes.
Yellow Buses revealed it would not be running the R4 and R5 services from April 8.
The routes link Kinson residents with the Castlepoint shopping complex and the Royal Bournemouth Hospital.
Nearly 1200 people signed a petition on change.org protesting the decision by Yellow Buses.
Managing director of Morebus Andrew Wickham said: “The withdrawal of these two routes by another local operator has concerned those who live and work in the town, and we want to do something about that.
“We know that many schoolchildren also depend on the routes, and we’ll be making sure they can still get to school by bus.”
Yellow Bus revealed changes to it routes last month.
A statement on its website stated the company was ‘fine-tuning its network to offer greater service to the people of Bournemouth and surrounding area’.
David Squire, managing director of Yellow Buses, said: “We will be keeping some very successful elements of last year’s network change such as the colour coded routes.
“Put simply our message to passengers is: You’ve spoken and we’ve listened.”
The R4 and R5 will continue on their current timetables until late May when they will be incorporated into Morebus’ 14 service.