Brits are now on an official notice to dig out their shades, suncream and T-shirts with the recent warm weather. The Breaker has a few tips to take care in the hot weather:
1. NHS has given tips for coping with the hot weather, especially when the heatwave hits us.
It’s important to check up on friends, relatives and neighbours who may be less able to look after themselves during the hot weather: https://t.co/QTYCFQhmJM #WarmestDayOfTheYear pic.twitter.com/kpA0nR6F2n
— NHS Choices (@NHSChoices) April 19, 2018
2. If you are too hot to sleep at night, here are some suggestions for you :
- Moisturise with hydrating lotions containing soothing ingredients like cucumber and aloe vera properly before going to bed.
- Using cotton nightwear is ideal to feel comfortable and stay cool throughout the night.
- Staying hydrated throughout the day will keep the body cool.
- Eating spicy food just before bed is not advisable. Rather eat it before at least 3-4 hours before going to bed so the sweat can help cool your body down.
- Using cooling face masks is also helpful.
- Try to exercise in the morning instead of the evening.
3. For many households, it’s time to dust off the barbecue and enjoy time outdoors with family and friends. Kent Fire and Rescue Service warns people to take proper fire safety measure to avoid any fire incidences.
Two of the most common mistakes people make during barbecue: Using petrol to light it up or leaving it unattended.
Further, charcoal barbecue and gas barbecue should be dealt with differently. Check their tips in details.
4. We must also not forget to water plants and hydrate local wildlife.
— Monique Blackford (@FunnybunnyQ) April 19, 2018