Man arrested following reported attempted rape in Bournemouth

Dorset Police have arrested a man after a woman in her 20s reported an attempted rape last year.

The victim said the assault happened on Saturday 13 January 2018 in Winton, on Wimborne Road.

She claims the incident happened around 1.45am and 2.30am, and that she didn’t know the perpetrator.

She says the man was part of a group of people she met that same evening.

The investigation was led by detectives from the Serious Sexual Offences Team.

The 31-year-old man from Bournemouth was arrested on suspicion of attempted rape.

Detectives have released him under investigation, as police enquires continue.

 

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts

Syrian official defects

Ba'ath party minister Abdo Husameddin resigned from the autocratic Syrian regime this morning, calling Assad's regime "a sinking ship." Mark Wilson examines his video statement prior to Kofi Annan's arrival in Damascus on Friday.
Read More

Gypsy council slams traveller protests

The Gypsy Council says objections to proposed Bournemouth traveller sites are ‘bogus’ to avoid accusations of ethnic discrimination by opponents. Three of the proposed sites, identified by Dorset Councils to meet the needs of gypsies and travellers, are at Throop and Muscliff in Bournemouth. The fourth site is at Lansdowne. Gypsy Council Chairman Joseph Jones said people will object, wherever the site is.
Read More