A technical fault on the underground cable network left hundreds of people in dark in Boscombe last Thursday.
The power cut started around 6.45 pm and was restored by 10.54 pm affecting a total of 1,700 homes and businesses.
The reason of the fault is still under investigation, according to Southern Electric Power Distribution who is responsible for the electric supply for southern England.
Since power supplies had been out less than 18 hours, there would be no compensation for residents or businesses, said the Southern Electric Power Distribution.
A spokesman for Southern Electric Power Distribution said: “We would like to apologise to our customers in the Boscombe area who lost supply.”
“In a situation such as this our priority is to minimise any disruption to our customers and restore supplies as quickly and as safely as possible,” he said.
“There were no known power cut issues during Thursday 31st January 2013 within the vicinity of Boscombe,” said Mike Kellaway, a principal support officer from Planning & Transport department.